[Samba] Printer settings disappearing on win98 clients Samba v 2.0.7 , solaris 7

Rashkae rashkae at wealthmap.ca
Thu Jan 31 09:32:09 GMT 2002

This is caused by the Windows Printer Spool program crashing. In Windows
NT, you can stop and start the spools service to get working again. I have
yet no soluting for Win95, 98, ME besides rebooting the PC. In my office,
the current biggest culprit for this is Norton Anti-Virus. I have to instruct
roughtly 30% of users to disable Auto-Protect when they are about to print,
else there is a roughtly 25% chance the print job will fail and crash the
spool service. (Note: 90% of statistics are made up, including all the ones in
this message.)