[Samba] Samba Process Terminating automatically.

R.Vijay Kumar vijayk at creax.com
Thu Jan 31 04:44:10 GMT 2002

Hi Everyone,

I have RH 7.1 running and I am trying to configure Samba on it.

Currently I have two problems related to the Samba configuration.

1. Whenever I start the samba process, after some time it is NO longer seen in the process list ( ps -aux ) i.e. the process STOPS automatically.

2. The log.nmb file is full of this message
    " Get_Hostbyname : unknown host xxxxx"

Because of the above reasons the samba server is not seen in the browse list.

Pls cannot one help me in the above matter ASAP.

Thank You,
Vijay.