[Samba] Samba server

Arjan van Wijngaarden awijngaarden at vos-chemicals.nl
Thu Jan 31 02:53:03 GMT 2002

Hello

My name is Arjan and I'm a network administrator on a Microsoft Domain.
I don't have a lott of experience with Linux and Samba so I want to ask a
question about it.
I installed SuSe 7.3 on a PC and I like to use Samba like a file/print
server.
I don't want it to act like a PDC but just a member server using the WINS of
the Windows PDC.
My question is do I also have to install DNS server on the Windows PDC
beside the allready installed WINS?

Best regards

Arjan van Wijngaarden

Message sent by Arjan van Wijngaarden.
VOS B.V., Hoorn 75, 2404 HH Alphen a/d Rijn, The Netherlands.
Tel +31 172 467100
Fax +31 172 432494, VOS B.V. is ISO9002 Certified
<mailto:awijngaarden at vos-chemicals.nl>

The information contained in this communication is confidential
and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the use
of the individual to whom it is addressed and others authorized
to receive it. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby
notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any
prohibited and may be unlawful. Further there is no liability for
the proper and complete transmission of the information
contained in this communication nor for any delay in its receipt.