Antwort: [Samba] NT and Samba password syncing

Mathias Wohlfarth MathiasWohlfarth at bwb.org
Thu Jan 31 02:26:17 GMT 2002

This is a configuration Samba as Primary Domain Controler
the "direct passwd sync" needs a patch I created, because "passwd program"
does not work on AIX. Use passwd program instead. The "user password
timeout" also needs a patch. Leave it out. The standard distribution has no
expiring passwords.
You should also read the documentation for Configuration of Samba as
Primary Domain Controler
This Configuration has been tested on AIX with WinNT and Win2000 Clients
with Samba 2.2.2
regards mw

   workgroup = itii4int
   netbios name = s999001
   guest account = nobody
   keep alive = 30
   os level = 64
   log level = 0
   kernel oplocks = false
   security = user
;
   socket options = TCP_NODELAY
;
   encrypt passwords = yes
   user password timeout = 28
   unix password sync = yes
   direct password sync = yes
;
   map to guest = Bad User
;
   time server = yes
   wins support = yes
   domain logons = yes
   domain master = yes
   local master = yes
   add user script = /usr/local/samba/sbin/smbcntrl %u
   preferred master = yes
   logon path = \\%L\profiles\%u
   logon drive = H:
   logon home = \\%L\%u