Antwort: [Samba] Password Sync

Mathias Wohlfarth MathiasWohlfarth at bwb.org
Thu Jan 31 02:03:24 GMT 2002

To synchronize from Linux you should have a script, that reads the password
from the user, then issues passwd and smbpasswd.
To synchronize from Windows (NT, 2000 and XP) you can configure samba as
PDC (domain logon = yes and encrypt passwd = yes). All PCs have to join the
samba domain and users can change their passwords from Windows. These
password changes can be synchronized with "unix password sync" and "passwd
program".
using winbind from Linux might also be a way
regards MW

"Listas do Fernando" <fslistas at univel.br>@lists.samba.org on 30.01.2002
20:08:28

Gesendet von:     samba-admin at lists.samba.org