[Samba] Re: smbfs freezes on file copy

Johnson, Carl Carl.Johnson at HomeStore.com
Thu Jan 31 00:12:06 GMT 2002

Another update on this problem.

I tried a 2.2.20 kernel with smbfs support compiled in.
Problem still there.

The linux machine has two NICs, one a 3com and one an
Intel, so I tried swapping those and having the other NIC
handle the Samba traffic.
Problem still there.

I have exhausted all possibilities.  I am really starting
to wonder if it is some sort of hardware incompatibility,
perhaps with my motherboard and/or IDE controller?

The motherboard is a Supermicro P6SBA with a Pentium
733 MHz CPU.

I'll keep plugging away but I'm pretty stumped now.  There's
no error messages or anything coming from smbfs or the kernel.
The tcpdumps aren't very informative... traffic just seems to
stop as far as I can tell.

Carl