[Samba] Win 2k Professional problems with shares...

Rich Feather rich at nominalsys.com
Wed Jan 30 12:44:05 GMT 2002

Hi,

First of all gr8 job with SAMBA and thanks for your hard work.

I've recently installed a RH 7.2 system (Samba 2.2.1a) to replace an
aging Novell 3.12 server in a small law firm (6 clients).  The client
are running Windows 2000 Professional with Service Pack 2 installed.
The box is a white-box, Celeron P800 with 256 megs of RAM, Intel
motherboard with Intel InBusiness 10/100 NIC, (2) RAID mirrored 20 gig
7200 hard drives.

The server is running as a WINS server and PDC.  The clients are all
running NetBIOS over TCP/IP.  All of the clients have joined the domain
and we map two shares on every logon.

What I'm finding is that, occasionally, the client disconnects and when
it tries to reconnect, it gets an error about the share already being in
use.

I've seen several posts on Google, but no definitive answers. Has this
been reported as a bug in Samba?

Thanks.

--
Rich Feather
Solution Architect

Our objective is to do more than we are paid to do
and give better service than we are paid to give