[Samba] Redhat 7.2 w/samba 2.2.2 rawhide rpm's not functioning winbind

Blanchard, Michael MBlanchard at grandaire.com
Wed Jan 30 10:33:05 GMT 2002

I upgraded to 2.2.2, added the nssswitch entries, added winbind stuff
into smb.conf, and started smb and winbind.  wbinfo -t returns "can not
check secret" and wbinfo -u returns "error looking up domain groups". I
did get a seccessful respons when I did the smbpasswd -j -r -U command.
The PDC is a win2k native mode, with sp2.  I also checked and the
"pre-win2000" group change is already setup.

HELP!

Mike Blanchard
Network Administrator
Webmaster - www.gaepilots.com