[Samba] Profiles on W2K and XP

Ronen Baram ronen_b at coreflow.com
Wed Jan 30 08:39:50 GMT 2002

Hello,

I've just setup my Samba PDC and tried to login with W2K clients.
The only problem I have is that the W2K tells me that it cannot locate the profile path and that a TEMP profile is being generate, which will delete when the user will logout.

Can someone help me configure the server in a way that the profiles would be save on the CLIENTS (I don't want roaming profiles, and I don't want the clients to save no profile data on the server...)

My users don't even have home dir on the server...

here is part of my smb.conf:

[global]
 workgroup = COREFLOW
 netbios name = CCFS1
 server string = Coreflow File Server 1 running Samba ver %v
 encrypt passwords = Yes
 log file = /var/log/samba/%I.log
 max log size = 50
 load printers = No
 domain admin group = root
 add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -d /dev/null -g 100 -s /bin/false -M %u
 logon script = logon.cmd
 logon path = \\%m\c\Documents and Settings\%u
 domain logons = Yes
 os level = 64
 domain master = True
 dns proxy = No