[Samba] samba 2.2.2 wihout swat

Martyn Ranyard ranyardm at lineone.net
Wed Jan 30 05:39:04 GMT 2002

If you don't need it, just don't use it.  i.e. don't add it to inetd /
xinetd.  Having the file there is neither a security risk nor a huge drain
on space (< 1Mb).  Samba will not install swat to be accessible to the
outside world.  If you really want, make a directory /tmp/swat, use the
with-swatdir option and delete all files within it and the binary swat
which is installed in the same place as smbd ( usually /usr/local/samba/sbin )

Hope this helps