[SAMBA] Winbind gets wierder

Davies Sue sue.davies at lbbd.gov.uk
Wed Jan 30 04:50:12 GMT 2002

Hi

Following my last post I've tried tinkering with the smb.conf and files in
/etc/pam.d.  I can still see the server in the browse list (I'm using win2k
and win 98) and when I come to try to reach a share 2k asks for a user name
and password.  I'm using DOMAIN\username and the appropriate domain password
and I get a message back that says:

	\\PSTCC1 is not accessible
	The credentials supplied conflict with an existing set of
credentials

We think it could be a WINS thing since it works beautifully with telnet but
if anyone else has any ideas I'd be very grateful

Thanks

Sue