[Samba] MS LANMAN for DOS & SAMBA

Roberto João Lopes Garcia roberto at mha.com.br
Wed Jan 30 04:21:37 GMT 2002

Mark

I just make MS LANMAN to work with DOS and accessing SAMBA shares! Before I also get it work with MSCLIENT for DOS but I give up.

I did it based in the document found at: http://huizen.dds.nl/~jacco2/samba/dos.html

I down load MS LANMAN from ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/bussys/Clients/LANMAN/ it is 4 files listed bellow:

dsk3-1.exe 868925 07/25/95 12:00:00 am file
dsk3-2.exe 887000 07/25/95 12:00:00 am file
dsk3-3.exe 1025989 07/25/95 12:00:00 am file
dsk3-4.exe 194888 07/25/95 12:00:00 am file

I execute each of then with /d option (it will not work without /d !) like bellow:

dsk3-1.exe /d

After, I test (with the my lan card software) my lan card to see if it was woking and anotate the correct IRQ and IO base.

Run, in the lanman directory, the setup.exe and choose  "Enhanced Client" and fill the other information. Select your lan card from de list or, select Other to get info from the lan card diskette.

It will create MSLANMAN.DOS edit the files *.ini to reflect the correct IRQ and IO base address.

I hope this helps

Roberto

Eng. Roberto João Lopes Garcia        E-mail: roberto at mha.com.br
F. 55 11 3747 7697   FAX  55 11 3747-7700

                MHA Engenharia Ltda

E-mail: mha at mha.com.br    WWW: http://www.mha.com.br

Av Maria Coelho Aguiar, 215 Bloco D     2 Andar
Centro Empresarial de Sao Paulo
Sao Paulo - BRASIL - 05805 000