[Samba] print$ service

Martyn Ranyard ranyardm at lineone.net
Wed Jan 30 03:36:04 GMT 2002

I have just got this working on my system.

Ideally you need the load printers = yes in your smb.conf

otherwise define your printer similar to the following.

(note that I experience about a 5-10 sec delay before they appear in
Printers on the server, at least when accessing from NT4)

[epson]
         path = /var/spool/samba
         guest ok = yes
         browseable = yes
         printable = yes
         read only = no

The following options I put in when I was having trouble, but I can't
remember if they helped.
         force group = root
         force user = root

Also, as you have already done (included for later ref for others) you must
define your Printer Admins group, or you will only be able to add drivers
if you browse as root.  my Printer Admins looks like this :

         printer admin = @users

which goes in the [global] section