[Samba] SWAT Setup problem

Matt Smollinger m.smollin at verizon.net
Tue Jan 29 16:53:07 GMT 2002

Hello. I just installed your new version of Samba onto a clean install of Redhat 7.2 server, with no previous version of Samba ever installed. I was wondering if you could help me with this little problem. I've been trying to use SWAT to configure samba for me, and I followed your directions for the services file and such, and everytime though I try to load SWAT through either Netscape or Konqueror, it either takes me to a search page (netscape) or says "Can not find host localhost:901" (Konqueror). Now I know localhost exists because I can ping it and it shows up, so I'm at a loss. Any help is appreciated.

-Matt Smollinger