[Samba] Re: smbfs freezes on file copy

Urban Widmark urban at teststation.com
Tue Jan 29 14:20:16 GMT 2002

On Mon, 28 Jan 2002, Johnson, Carl wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just joined this list and was searching the archives.
>
> I came across a thread "smbmounts hang around after windows
> client disconnects".  Subject of thread was changed to
> "smbfs: process freezes on file copy".  From December
> 4/5 2001.

I'm not sure if I remember correctly, but that could have been something
related to what he was doing with netware ... I don't think I ever got a
trace on that.

> I have tcpdumps.  I will glady post portions to the list
> or via private email.

If you have full packet captures, please send them to me off-list unless
they are huge (a few MBs are fine). Hopefully I can see what it is sending
when it blocks. Do you also get that there is still traffic after it
blocks?

If all you have are stdout output from tcpdump then I don't think that
will help me.

It's very nice that it is so repeatable.

/Urban