[Samba]RE: can samba be used in clustering

Girish R S ramadurgam.girish at wipro.com
Tue Jan 29 08:28:07 GMT 2002

Dwight,
Here are you refering to VM as a floating ip. This doubt arises in me coz in
a server we can have only one [global] in a server right. Since we are using
a virtual ip, how do i write a smb.conf file, where do i store it.
In our situation we have a floating ip and so how to write a conf file for
the this situation.
Now another question is - if i have a different hostname say sasv04 for the
floating ip(which would internally map to sasd04 or sass04) what is seen on
the users PC.If its sasv04, what is the conf file changes i should do.right
now my conf file is simple as i said i am new.
Thanks for your replies, since we have a dead line, it would be great if u
could reply as soon as possible.
Thanks and Rgds
Girish