[Samba]Samba 2.2.2 eating up CPU.

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Tue Jan 29 05:51:19 GMT 2002

On Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 08:27:34AM -0500, Verlezza, Domenic wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We upgraded samba 2.2 to samba 2.2.2 on our solaris 2.8 machine due to the
> known OPLOCK bugs in v2.2.
>
> However, the smbd processes are taking up much more CPU time now, so much so
> that after an hour, the CPU (we have 3 on this machine) gets pegged at 100%.
>
> We have not changed any of our parameters in our config files.
>
> Has anyone else seen similar behavior?

This is a problem we have fixed in the current CVS code
which will be released as 2.2.3 this week. If you'd like
to test it you can get the current CVS from branch SAMBA_2_2.
Several other large Solaris sites are running this code
successfully in production to fix this particular bug.

Regards,

	Jeremy Allison,
	Samba Team.