[Samba]RE: can samba be used in clustering

Girish R S ramadurgam.girish at wipro.com
Tue Jan 29 02:06:55 GMT 2002

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. u have certainly answered my doubt from the server
aspect ie the configuration on Solaris.
The other prob that i have is -
one of my solaris hostname is - sasd04
the other solaris is - sass04

So on installing samba i see that they appear in my network neighbourhood as
sasd04 and sass04.
initially sasd04 is active. so i map sasd04 to one of my drives and copy the
files using batch files. if sasd04 crashes and sass04 comes up, any idea how
i can copy the files without mannual intervension.
if i can actually make the solaris appear as their ip addr(which is floating
ip) on my PC, this would solve it.But is it possible????
Rgds
Girish