[Samba]Job name with smbclient printing

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Mon Jan 28 18:30:04 GMT 2002

I can get the jobname transferred from windows clients when they use my
samba server, using the -J'%J' parameter in my print command:
printing command = lpr -Pqueue -J'%J' %s

However, the %J macro passed from a linux client using smbclient to print is
always smb.prn.
This seems to be an assigned name, which is found in the printfsp.c.
I can't understand C source code (although debugging printing problems may
drive me over that edge sometime.) enough to figure out what I should do.
Is there any way to get smbclient to pass the job name?
Joel