can samba be used in clustering

Girish R S ramadurgam.girish at wipro.com
Mon Jan 28 11:35:10 GMT 2002

Hi,
the setup is as below-
2 solaris E420 and common A1000 harddisk. They r clustered so that we have
access to the database on A1000 even when one of the server is down.
As of now we ftp the data to the ip add(which is floating ip), so that the
end user is not aware of which solaris is up or down.

I am a novice in samba. when i access samba i can see it as hostname in my
windows NT. As the 2 systems have 2 hostnames, the prob is how do i now
redirect my data to the servers if one of the server is down. At any point i
would like to send data to one system only. There should be no mannual
intervention.If i can access them thru their ip address then the floating ip
will help me solve the prob. If anyone has a solution do let me know.incase
i am not very clear please ask me and i shall try my best again.

Rgds
Girish