wfw3.11 samba question

Sam ! sol_unix at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 28 10:28:16 GMT 2002

Hi,
I am using wfw3.11(windows for workgroup 3.11). I have included
the name and ip address of the solaris 2.5.1 sparc in the win3.11
lmhosts file. when i try to map the solaris dir to the pc i get:
the computer name specified in the network path can not be loacted.

why?.
ping by name and ipaddress works. I can even telnet from pc to
solaris box.
I have configured the network setup ,etc.
it was working before. PC crashed and had to build new pc setup.

Sam