Printing woes - Log Level 9 still doesn't error!

Martyn Ranyard ranyardm at lineone.net
Mon Jan 28 06:09:03 GMT 2002

Here I go, replying to myself again!

I now have a working printer, however there are a couple of things that
really caused me to worry :

1. When I double click the "Printers" folder on the server I have to wait
about 5 seconds before the server responds with a list of printers.  Is
this usual, in which case it should be mentioned in the howtos
2. The documentation should indicate how to add users to the Print
Administrators NT group.
3. I could write a script to interface with the Add Printer Wizard, but is
there one already made?

I thought I should report back, even though noone responded originally.