2.2 CVS tree: -i switch (Was: Re: Error writing 4 bytes solution - FAQ issue)

Jurjen Oskam jurjen at quadpro.stupendous.org
Mon Jan 28 05:45:05 GMT 2002

On Thu, Jan 24, 2002 at 09:58:18AM -0600, Gerald Carter wrote:

> If you are interested in testing this, I would love any feedback on the
> latest SAMBA_2_2 cvs code in regards to this (we getting close to the
> 2.2.3 release).

I tried Samba 2.2 from CVS and I found several problems with the -i switch.
I already posted them to this list, but no-one replied so I'll try again.

When using the new -i switch, smbd still prints "Invoked from command line,
assuming -D", and it only serves one request and then exits.

When using nmbd with the -i switch, it seems to work correctly.

I like it, that when using -i logging and errors are printed to
stdout/stderr instead of a logfile.

If the -i switch would work correctly in the 2.2.3-release, I would be very
happy. :)

--
      Jurjen Oskam * http://www.stupendous.org/ for PGP key * Q265230
    2:33pm  up 25 days, 19:39,  1 user,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00