(no subject)

K Naga subramanian nagasubramanik at rediffmail.com
Mon Jan 28 03:19:07 GMT 2002

hai to all
iam trying to use samba
i followed the diagnosis and encountered error in step 3
if i give smbclient -L apache (apache is my linux box name) i get connection to apache failed error
but if i give smbclinet -L <any_windows_machine_name> i dont get error and iam able to see the shares
iam not able to see my linux boxs shares from itself
in that information about one file is mentioned (inetd.conf) that file is not at all available in my system.
if i telnet using telnet linux_box_ip 139 from windows system(NT) i get a connect failed
and in the log.smb i get error:
smbd/oplock.c:open_oplock_ipc(132)
open_oplock_ipc:failed to get local udp socket for address 100007f error was cannot assign requested address
pls suggest me what to do
regards
naga