weird samba problem

Martin Rusko rusko at kam.vm.stuba.sk
Mon Jan 28 02:08:48 GMT 2002

Hi Pupeno,
the quickiest hack what can help you is to upgrade your samba package to
version 2.2.2 from Mandrake updates. Look at your favourite Mandrake
mirror, find updates for 8.1 and do an upgrade.

Version 2.2.2 has some oplock's problem fixed. Also, try to turn off oplock
support on shares, where you are exporting any dos databases. Oplock
failures can lead into broken data, and that is very very bad. ;-(

I know, what I'm talking about, I have the same problems as you. ;-((

   Best regards...

        mARTin

--
Martin Rusko