winbind on RedHat 7.2

Nick Pietraniec nickp at campbellco.com
Sat Jan 26 15:39:03 GMT 2002

In the winbind man page, it says (among other things)

>In /etc/pam.d/* replace the auth lines with something like this:
>
>-clip-
>
>Now replace the account lines with this:
>
>-clip-

Well, when I did that on my Red Hat 6.2 box, everything worked
beautifly.  When I did that on my 7.2 box, I'd try to login, and it
would immediately remove the password dialogue and prompt me for my
login name again...  Obviously I've done something wrong in PAM, but I'm
not sure what.  I'd be interested to hear from someone who's sucessfully
set up winbind on a RH7.2 box.

Thanks-

Nick