automatically setting up printer drivers on clients (new style)

Nick Pietraniec nickp at campbellco.com
Sat Jan 26 15:23:02 GMT 2002

Bryan -

I haven't played with the "Add Printer Wizard," I created a raw queue in
CUPS (via the web interface) and manually created shares in smb.conf...
Kind of a workaround to using the Add Printer Wizard you may want to
consider if you don't manage to get it working.  Then you can bypass the
APW and install the drivers as I did in my previous E-mail.  I may check
out doing a add printer script in the future, depending on how much info
I can find on doing that on the net.

-Nick