Difficulties reassigning assigned shares

Thomas Schweikle tschweikle at fiducia.de
Sat Jan 26 02:50:03 GMT 2002

Hi!

The Problem: users assign shares in w2k. These are accessible, no
problems. Then users leave these shares allown for some time: shares are
disconnected, since not used (that's ok so far). Now users want to access
these shares again. They'll get the error: "Could not assign an allready
assigned share. Assignment not made."

If the user waits for about half a minute and tries again, the assignment
succeeds, but the red cross in the share symbol isn't removed. This will
not remove even if the user has pressed "F5" to refresh the display. It
will even not remove if he closes all instances of explorer.exe and
reopens them again. Shares are working though.

 Can one tell me what causes this error? Any idea what I could do to avoid
the error message?

I've seen this error only using W2K, not W9x, or WME.

--
Thomas