Samba troubles

Olivier Pasco olivier.pasco at arguin.com
Fri Jan 25 22:34:02 GMT 2002

Hi,

I have not yet found any solution to my troubles so I though maybe
someone here could give me some help.

We have a Linux server with a Scsi Raid 5 disk. We use it as Samba and
Nfs server for Windows and Linux clients. It also exports through Samba
a disk mounted through Nfs from another Linux server.

Everything was working fine until we uppgraded the server to RedHat 7.2.
Now, after e few hours/minutes, some smbd process go to uninterruptible
state, the load of the server goes very high and clients start to
freeze. Nothing else than a reboot can get the server back again. Which
mean one or two reboot a day...

Any help on this ?

Thanks,
--