automatically setting up printer drivers on clients (new style)

Bryan Fetzer bryan2424 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 25 17:42:02 GMT 2002

I dunno if my first message got sent. Anyways I hope
that you get this working. And please let me know if
and when you do. I have been working on this problem
for 3 weeks now and nobody has given me any clear
answers as to how to fix this. I am running my server
as a Winbind enabled MEMBER server in an existing 4.0
domain. I have everything set, by the book, I have
thrown everything I can think of at this server. I can
upload driver but I cannot set the driver for the
printer. I have tried everything, including going in
via rpcclient and manually setting the driver, because
their are drivers uploaded to the server. When I use
rpcclient I get nothing but errors. Abougt ntstatus
being denied and all this other bs. I have tried
setting up adn down the debug level and that doesn't
help either. Somebody will come on here and tell you
that YOUR problem is simply that you need a script for
APW addprinter = blahblah=script.... well that isn't
gunna be your problem either. but they will go on and
on that it is your problem, try a search and that is
all you will find for an answer, even though numerous
other problems seem to exist. Please let me know if
you ever get this solved because I am extremely
interested to know.