2K browsing is great, NT wants a password

John Little jlittle_97 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 25 16:46:12 GMT 2002

I have setup SAMBA version 2.2.2.  When I browse the
SAMBA box from the W2k server everything works great!

However when I try to browse it in Network
Neighborhood from an NT4 box it asks for a
username/password.  The Linux box won't accept any of
the registered username/password combinations.

SAMBA is set up as a member of a workgroup and is not
joined to a domain.

All of the shares have been setup as guest = ok.

Can someone point me in the right direction as to what
the differences in NT4 and 2K are that would cause
SAMBA to want a password to browse from NT4 when 2K
does not?

I appreciate the help,
John

=====