Syncing WINS

Robert Dege rcd at amherst.com
Fri Jan 25 12:03:04 GMT 2002

I remember hearing at one time that this might not be possible, but I'll
throw the question up there anyways.

I have 2 subnets: 172.28.x.x & 192.168.100.X  The 2 subnets are
connected via a VPN, so there are no blocked ports that I'm aware of.

I have a Samba WINS Server on each subnet, and want to sync them
together so that everybody can see everybody else.  Is this possible via
remote browse sync?

My basic desire is to have 1 big happy Network Neighborhood.  WOuld this
be the right solution, or are more drastic measures needed?

Thanks

--

-Rob