Problem printing from W2K clients to Samba 2.2.1.a using lprng

JVergara at equinox.com JVergara at equinox.com
Fri Jan 25 11:49:03 GMT 2002

Hi, guys -  I have a working setup using 10 W2K clients connecting to
a Red Hat 7.2 Linux box
with Samba 2.2.1a .
Now, when I added a laser printer to the network, I used printtools to
configure the printcap entry
and from the W2K, I  added the printer driver locally , pointing to
the Samba printer folder.

The problem is that even though I can print from any client to the
printer - Samba is not able to use
the accounting and print spooling system provided by lprng.  It seems
like lprng is denying the users to log into
the printer queue.  For example , when I try to get the print jobs
status window from a W2K client, there is a message saying that access
is denied to that function.

I have a similar setup with 10 Windows 98 clients and a Samba server
and the print services
are working fine.  Is there any additional switch that I have to
consider when printing from W2K clients?

Thanks,
Juan Carlos

By the way, thanks for a wonderful product and job.