automatically setting up printer drivers on clients

Nick Pietraniec nickp at campbellco.com
Fri Jan 25 11:40:18 GMT 2002

Hello all, I've sucessfully set up a samba server on RH 7.2 to serve
printing to my clients...  I've used "make_printerdef" and created a
printers.def file to automatically send drivers on down to the client,
but I've ran into trouble on a newer inkjet (HP Deskjet 840c).  Because
it's driver is not in the stock NT "ntprint.inf," I've had to download
the drivers from HP.  When I ran "make_printerdef" on the included inf
file (hpf840n.inf) I get the output

Printer not found	No [Strings] block in inf file

How can I set up this driver to get set up on the clients
automatically?  Is there a faq somewhere on how to do "make_printerdef"
manually?

Thanks -

Nick