Authorization Troubles

Eric Bonnett EBONNETT at nwtel.ca
Fri Jan 25 10:17:04 GMT 2002

Hello,

I am new at using Samba and am having troubles.

I have samba running in my network on a Slackware server. I thought I
had my share defined correctly as well as my security. The samba
server is supposed to authenticat users based on the PDC (Win NT
server) user info.

When I try to map my drive, I am prompted for a user name/password.
After entering the user name and password I get the message "The
account is not authorized to login from this station". I have even modified
(in smb.conf) the hosts allow under global to have my specific ip
address as the only allowed host, I have also commented this out
altogether. Security is set as domain, and the password server = the ip
address of our PDC. I get the same message weather I use a user
name/password combo from the Samba server or from the PDC.

Thanks for your help
Eric