Problem with winbind in hierarchial domain model.

Gaurang Pandya gaubrig at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 25 09:56:07 GMT 2002

Hi Group,

I am trying to use winbind for my samba 2.2.2 file server on RedHat Linux 7.1. Let first tell you my domain hierarchy.

Lets say we have a domain called "mydomain.com" and with two sum domains "a.mydomain.com and "b.mydomain.com" which are in Windows 2000 ADS. And one more domain  called "YOURDOMAIN", which is an NT domain. Every thing seems to work fine. Untill i try wbinfo. When i try it. I get users of "mydomain.com" and "YOURDOMAIN" domains. and I want users of "a.mydomain.com" because my samba is in that domain.

I hope that i have described the problem clearly. So how do i get userids for "a.mydomain.com"?

Thanks in advance.

Gaurang.