[Cluster] Problems running Samba from a NFS filesystem

David Collier-Brown davecb at canada.sun.com
Fri Jan 25 08:07:03 GMT 2002

> "Bartick, Brett" wrote:
>
> Thanks for the extremely quick response! I thought that might be the
> problem. My idea was to load the executables on our NFS service
> group under Veritas Cluster 2.0. Thinking, if node 1 failes, I can
> just bring up node 2 which will see the same executables,
> configuration information, locks, etc. Guess that is a bad idea. So,
> what do people suggest to use in keeping 2 or more nodes in sync?
> Just use Rsync?

	I'd see if I could put the locks somewhere
	node-specific, and everything else shared...

	I've not got a cluster: can one of the
	other experts comment, please? I know
	Samba's been clustered!

--dave
Performance & Engineering      | some people and astonish the rest.
Americas Customer Engineering, |                      -- Mark Twain
(905) 415-2849                 | davecb at canada.sun.com