Strange oplock-messages in samba-logs

Sanjiv Bawa sbawa at tabmaster.com
Fri Jan 25 07:55:04 GMT 2002

I just about had a heart attack with this one....

Try
1. Changing the NIC card. This makes it better but will not make it go away.
2. Remove all other protocols such as Netbeui, ipx if possible.
Effectiveness of this was not seen.
3. Dump 2.2.2 and 2.2.1. Use 2.0.7. This one WORKS! You may not be able to
use it since it does not have all the features. But this release works WAY
faster and has no oplock problems at all. The 222 and 221 code is very buggy
(despite its claims) and nobody has identified the problem.

SB