DFS problems with Windows98 and Samba 2.2.2

werner maes werner.maes at cc.kuleuven.ac.be
Fri Jan 25 06:57:04 GMT 2002

   Hello,

We have a Samba 2.2.2 server acting as a DFS root server.
When a Windows 98 logs on, the drive mapping is done succesfully but the
client does not see the contents of the folders on the networkshare.
If I don't use dfs but access the networkshare directly (using network
neighbourhood) then it's possible to see the contents of the folders.
Or if I go to DOS, then again there's no problem.

With Windows2000 this problem does not occur.

Can you use Windows98 as a DFS aware client in Samba?

Any ideas or suggestions?

Werner Maes
KULeuven