Race in samba-2.2.2

Buchan Milne bgmilne at cae.co.za
Fri Jan 25 06:00:09 GMT 2002

We are running samba-2.2.2 as a domain controller and main fileserver
for a small domain (about 70 desktops and about 90 user accounts). We
run netscape or mozilla for mail, and have the mozilla or netscape
profiles stored on the homes share (mapped as Z:). We also have about
70GB of disk shared out on the same machine for general use, and also
the other necessary shares (netlogon, profiles).

While this works well, about once every 2 weeks, we get a race in one
smbd, and eventually have to log the user out and kill that smbd.

Is there anything we can do to track this bug down?
Cellphone * Work       +27 82 472 2231 * +27 21 808 2497 ext 202