Samba 3.0 has problems with the testparm prog

Jeffrey D. Means meaje at picotech.net
Fri Jan 25 05:38:06 GMT 2002

I can not run the testparm prog as it does not read any files and
creates really confusing output:
Output:

incorrect size for /usr/local/samba/lib/upcase.dat - got 0 expected
131072
incorrect size for /usr/local/samba/lib/lowcase.dat - got 0 expected
131072
creating lame upcase table
creating lame lowcase table
incorrect size for /usr/local/samba/lib/valid.dat - got 0 expected 65536
creating default valid table
incorrect size for /usr/local/samba/lib/valid.dat - got 0 expected 65536
creating default valid table
params.c:OpenConfFile() - Unable to open configuration file
"/usr/local/samba/lib/smb.conf":
            Success
Load smb config files from /usr/local/samba/lib/smb.conf
Error loading services.

All these files listed are there in /usr/local/samba/lib
Please let me know if there is any more info I can provide

-
Jeff Means
CIO PicoTech
Unix is userfriendly it is just selective of it's users