Defining a WinME share on a Linux Server

N K Dewan ndewan at minerva-solutions.com
Thu Jan 24 14:22:35 GMT 2002

All,

Here is the setup.

1. Linux Server(RH6.1) running Samba.
2. Multiple WinME clients connected to the server.
3. One of the WinME clients has distribution media for the various
applications used by the business.

Is it possible to possible to define a share within smb.conf to point to the
directory on the WinME client (say d:\apps)? The idea is that we could then
define the logon script for all users so that they have a dedicated drive
assignment (say V:\) for the location of all applications.  The intent is to
streamline the software distribution process for all users and possibly use
this to install hot fixes, virus definition etc etc etc.

The one solution I have is use smbmount to connect to d:\apps and then have
a share refer to the mount point.  If this is the only way, I'm comfortable
with it.  If anyone has any other suggestion, I am all ears/eyes.

Thanks.

Nick Dewan