Printing with Samba HOW?????

Glenn, Skeeter skeeter.glenn at boeing.com
Thu Jan 24 13:24:10 GMT 2002

I am running Samba on a UNIX file server.  I have my printers off on a print
server, but have added one printer on my file server.
I have added the following in my smb.conf file
[Plum]
        comment = test printing
        path = /var/spool/lp/
        guest ok = Yes
        print ok = Yes
        print command = /usr/ucb/lpr -P%p %s
        lprm command = /usr/ucb/lprm -P%p %

My etc/printers.conf looks like this
::::::::::::::
printers.conf
::::::::::::::
#
#       If you hand edit this file, comments and structure may change.
#       The preferred method of modifying this file is through the use of
#       lpset(1M) or fncreate_printer(1M)
#
plum:\
        :bsdaddr=malone,plum:\
        :description=QMS1725:
        :rw:sh: \
        :lp=/dev/lpl: \
        :sd=/var/spool/lpd/plum: \
        :fx=flp:
_default:\
        :use=plum:

Now I am able to add the printer on my PC, along with the drivers (QMS
1725), but it does not print anything. It gives me an error "This Document
could not be printed. Write error" "Could not start print job"