username.map

Nieder Wolfgang Nieder_W at lippische.de
Thu Jan 24 10:27:18 GMT 2002

Hi everybody,

samba 2.0.7 is up and running with a PDC as password server.
username.map contains several unix-accounts with NT-users mapped to it.
When an NT-user is mapped to two different unix-accounts, he is only able
to connect to the shares of the first unix-account. Trying to connect to the
shares of the second unix-account, he is prompted for username/password.
Entering the correct values which give him access to the other shares is
rewarded with the message "invalid username/password".

Are there any options I might have missed?

BTW, I haven't found a way to search the archive. Maybe the answer is
somewhere in there?

Thanks in advance

Wolfgang