Samba domain

Ahmad Yahya getlucky at telkom.net
Wed Jan 23 23:06:06 GMT 2002

I think this should be worked on win/win2000 side.
I think once win2000 joined the domain, it will have the user or group from
the domain.
Log on to win2000, do share from it and choose permition to the users/groups
those have the access.

On win9x client, you must set the Access control to use 'user-level access
control' and obtain list of users and group from Samba/Domain.
Other wise you can still use the default that is 'Share-level access
control' and set password for security.

hth
Yaya

From: Andre Klocke

Hello.

I have a linux Server as pdc, a win2000 Server joined this domain and some
clients.

Now we want share directories. These shares (on non Samba systems) shall be
made for defined users, the other users are not allowed to use these shares.
How do i make this?

Thanks for your help!

Andre