piping problem

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Wed Jan 23 20:39:02 GMT 2002

These jobs are stored in /var/spool/atjobs
If you look at them, they are just shell scripts. AND, they have all the
shell variable defined when the at command was run. So, I would just export
the variables you want to be available when atd runs the script, then run at.
And, you can look at these scripts and see just what sort of commands atd is
actually trying to run.
This works:
export MESSAGE;export RECIPIENT;echo 'echo $MESSAGE | smbclient -M $RECIPIENT' | at now + 1 minute
I haven't fooled around with the time variable, but that shouldn't be any
different from the others, hopefully.
Joel