force create mode, force directory security mode ...........

Isaac Egglestone iegglestone at abebooks.com
Wed Jan 23 18:55:07 GMT 2002

Well you'll be happy to know I sorted out the complete chaos myself after
going through the smb.conf man page over 1000 times I noticed a couple of
parms I missed, my final conf for this particular share was this:
[incoming]
        comment = <removed>
        path = /weblogs
        force user = webalizer
        force group = webalizer
        writeable = Yes

        create mask = 770
        force create mode = 0770
        force directory mode = 0770
        directory mask = 770
        directory security mask = 0000
        directory security mode = 777
        force directory security mode = 770
        valid users = <removed>

To me its seems a bit much to have to set every single one of them to get
the desired result.