Off Topic : NEC 1800 Driver for Linux

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Wed Jan 23 16:46:29 GMT 2002

I guess this would depend whether or not your printer can use postscript.
If not, the suggestion to use the ljet ? driver by the other poster may
be your best bet.

You are using linux, I guess. I have posted an introduction to writing
your own print filter, not hard at all, at this web site:

http://linux.nf/stepbystep.html

Go there and using the seach option, upper left hand corner, search for:

hammer filter

and you will find this introduction. It's rather good, I don't mine
saying.  I also have tried everything I write about, so I know it all
works. If you prefer German, search for hammer druck. Someone liked it so
much they wanted it available to the German speaking world, although, I must
say, anything in German sounds more difficult to me.

Are you going to have a print server or do the clients directly talk to the
printer?

Joel