Thanks on 2.2.2!

Ralf Ronneburger ralf at ronneburger.de
Wed Jan 23 12:29:06 GMT 2002

Hi William,

my users get theyr profiles from the server and that's working fine. But
upon logout I often get an error message saying, that the client wasn't
able to save the profile on the server. Is the deadtime-option you were
talking about changing this? What should deadtime be for me then? Does a
change to 2.2.2 help me any?

Thanks in advance,

Ralf

William Jojo wrote:

> I'm slowly migrating the rest of my RS/6000's to 2.2.2, but I noticed that
> when I had deadtime set, most times the reconnect would time
> out. Specifically, when I launched Netscape and my profile was on my
> H: drive, Netscape would hurl and die - the fix? deadtime = 0. But that
> was on 2.2.1a. On 2.2.2 it's happy as a clam! I've got deadtime = 90 and
> just a few hours after the close of business, most of my memory has been
> reclaimed.
>
> I know it's subtle and most people probably wouldn't even  notice or care,
> but I have 4 Samba servers and 2000 PC's. I noticed it and wanted to thank
> you, so...
>

> Thank you!
>
> Bill

Ralf Ronneburger
ralf at ronneburger.de

Prefers to receive encrypted Mail, download public-key from
http://www.ronneburger.net/gpg/ralf_ronneburger.asc