List filtering for Outlook users (Was: RE: [samba] prefix missing in subject)

David Brodbeck DavidB at mail.interclean.com
Wed Jan 23 11:46:09 GMT 2002

Tom helpfully pointed out to me that you can filter on the following header
flag:

This seems to work really well for me, and takes care of my reasons for
wanting a flag in the subject.

For those of you using MS Outlook, my rule reads like this:
"Apply this rule after the message arrives
 with X-BeenThere: samba at lists.samba.org in the message header
 move a copy to the samba folder"

(When you go through the wizard, check the 'Check new messages as they
arrive', 'with specific words in the header', and 'move a copy to the
selected folder' options, and click the underlined words to put in the
correct values.)

This also works for samba-technical, if you change the header value to

By the way, I highly recommend Outlook's 'view by conversation topic' option
for reading high-volume lists.